With an inexhaustible list of benefits linked to its use, coconut oil may just be the new “superfood” on the block. Several research studies have confirmed the efficiency of this oil in enhancing skin and hair health, and in improving overall health as well.
Top 5 Uses of Coconut Oil:
1. Enhanced Energy Levels
Coconut oil, unlike other oils, is built by medium-chain triglycerides, which explains why it is instantly transformed into energy. Quickly gulping down 2 tablespoons of this oil each morning could boost your energy levels by up to 5 percent.
2. Stronger Immunity
It is surprising how simple coconut oil can improve immunity and also protect your body against many disease-causing agents. It contains impressive amounts of lauric acid, which is an effective agent that kills bacteria, viruses, protozoa and fungi, thereby reducing your chances of significent infection.
3. Improved Brain Function
When digested, the compounds contained in coconut oil are synthesized into ketone bodies, which have a positive effect on the brain and help protect the brain against several disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
4. Better Heart Health
It may sound surprising, but coconut oil can actually help reinforce the heart, as well as protect you against heart problems. The consumption of this oil has been found to increase the levels of HDL (good) cholesterol and reduce the amounts of LDL (bad) cholesterol, thus reducing triglyceride levels and the accumulation of plaque in the arteries.
5. Irresistible Skin Benefits
The fact that coconut oil is the most suitable tonic for the skin could be what makes it the most loved natural beauty product these days. You’ll find it in lots of moisturizers as well as skin creams, and why not? This oil is an abundant source of vitamin E, which plays a huge role in healing damaged skin, minimizing the appearance of stretch-marks, safeguarding the skin against harmful UV rays, as well as preventing microbial and fungal diseases of your skin.
What Makes Coconut Oil an All-Rounder?
This oil is often identified as the healthiest oil on earth; but what exactly is it that makes this oil so loved?
- It makes for a quick moisturizer – it mildly nourishes the skin and makes it feel smooth and soft.
- It functions as an efficient diaper rash cream – minus the chemical compounds that you would usually find in a standard rash lotion.
- It makes for an excellent makeup remover.
- It can be used as a supplement to boost energy.
- Its MCFA and lauric acid content help increase metabolic rate naturally.
- It works best in keeping the hair in place and also reducing frizziness.
- When mixed with granulated sugar, it makes for an excellent body scrub.
- It can repair damaged skin faster, and is most effective in reducing fungal and bacterial infections when applied topically.
- It possesses a high smoke point, which is great for most stir-fries and baked meals.
- It could help improve insulin levels.
- When applied directly onto the skin, it can reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
- It might help clear away persistent acne and also reduce the appearance of acne-related marks.
- It can speed up weight loss.
- Consuming this oil may possibly improve sleep.
- When rubbed onto the scalp, it can also encourage hair growth.
- It helps increase the absorption of calcium and magnesium by the body.
How Can I Utilize Coconut Oil?
The best method to utilize this oil is to add more of it to your meals. Switch to coconut oil while cooking your food and try replacing simple skincare products with this pure oil.
Following a very simple routine of applying coconut oil on your face right before you go to bed can certainly help keep the skin moisturized and nourished, which will give you that healthy radiance you’ve always coveted. You can even try creating your own coconut oil beauty products at home.
There are tons of reasons why you should be choosing coconut oil and making it an integral part of your skin-care regimen. So go ahead and use the best of nature for your skin and body, and don’t forget to check out www.beautyjunctiononline.com for impressive coconut oil beauty product recipes you can re-create in just a few minutes.
Enozia Vakil, founder of AMR Informatics, writes for Beauty Junction Online. Check it out at www.beautyjunctiononline.com.