Four whole wheat tortillas
1 pint whole beans from local Mexican restaurant or 2 cans fat-free refried beans
1 pint fresh guacamole
1 cup grated Cabot 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese
¼ cup sliced black olives
1 can chopped green chili peppers
Salsa, your favorite brand
1. Heat beans until bubbly in skillet.
2. Lay tortillas flat.
3. Divide beans equally between the four tortillas.
4. Spread beans in each tortilla.
5. Add ¼ cup grated cheese.
6. Add a scoop of guacamole.
7. Sprinkle with sliced black olives.
8. Fold each tortilla in half, cut into quarters
9. Serve with salsa.
Note: You can leave out the beans and add grilled or sautéed veggies like asparagus, onion, red and yellow peppers.
Judy Caplan is a registered dietitian with a private practice in preventative health in Reston, VA. Her children’s book, Gobey Gets Full – Good Nutrition in a Nutshell, is now available. Visit www.gobefull.com for more information about Judy and her company.