Here are all the essentials you need to design your own backpack this school year!
- A plain backpack
- Fabric paint
- Patches and Iron-ons
- Fun fabrics
- Hot glue gun
- Sewing machine
- Get a bright yellow backpack and paint a big smiley face on it.
- Use a plain backpack to draw the first letter of your kids name. Decorate the letter with beads, sparkles, fabric paint and cool buttons!
- Cover the entire backpack with buttons of all colors!
- Take your kid to the fabric shop and pick out some cool fabrics! Sew them on the backpack like a quilt.
- If your son has a favorite band or sports team, grab a few iron-ons from the music store!
- Paint the backpack with glow-in-the-dark paint so they will always find it in the mornings!
Remember, above all, let your little one express their creative side and have fun with this project. Pretty soon, they’ll have an accessory everyone will be jealous of!
Here are some tasty snacks to eat after school!
Do you have all the back-to-school essentials?
Another fun craft? Painting t-shirts with pencil erasers. Here’s how!