Tips Provided by Little Seasons of Georgetown
- Contact the child care licensing agency for your city and request a list of facilities.
- Ask the child care licensing agency for their past five years worth of inspection reports (the inspection report tells you if the facility has been up to date with staff trainings and rules and regulations and any major incidents that have occurred at the facility.)
- Before choosing consider cost, location and reputation of each facility.
- Ask for references.
- Ask about their turnover rate with staff and children.
- Ask about the educational background of the teachers.
- Ask about their discipline policy.
- Does the center have an open-door policy for parents? Why or why not?
- Have a list of requirements you would like for the facility and/or staff to have and questions prepared to ask the Director.