• Pieces of red, white, and blue felt
• Red, white, and blue ribbons (available at local craft stores)
• Tacky glue
• 3/8-inch dowel
- Cut a pair of 6-inch stars from red, white, or blue felt.
- Cut a slightly smaller pair (ours were 4 inches across) from a different color of felt, and an even smaller pair (ours were 3 inches across) from the third color.
- Use tacky glue to affix the stars to each other. Glue together the 2 sets of stars, sandwiching a 3/8-inch dowel between them.
- Allow the glue to dry, then finish the baton by tying a length of red, white, and blue ribbon around the dowel.
For this craft and others like it, please go to this website: http://familyfun.go.com/4th-of-july/4th-of-july-crafts/star-spangled-wavers-667138/