These tasty treats will be sure to melt hearts.
- 15 caramel squares
- 32 vanilla wafers
- 16lollipop sticks
- 1 cup semisweet- or milk-chocolate chips
- Valentine sprinkles
1. Melt unwrapped caramels in a microwave according to package directions. Working quickly, spoon small dollops ofcaramel onto 16 wafers. Place a lollipop stick in center, and top each with another wafer to make a cookie sandwich.
2. Melt chocolate chips according to package directions. Dunk each cookie sandwich in chocolate and shake to remove excess. Top lollipops with sprinkles and place onto wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm.
Heart Rice Crispie Treats
Turn a classic favorite into a Valentine’s Day treat!
- 1 bag (10-ounce) marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Red food coloring
- 6 cups crispy-rice cereal
- 2/3 cup white-chocolate chips
1. Line baking sheet with wax paper. In a large bowl, combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir, and microwave 30 seconds longer. Stir in red food coloring until color is medium-dark red. Stir in cereal to blend.
2. Coat your hands, a large cookie scoop, and a 3-inch heart cookie cutter with vegetable cooking spray. Using the scoop, fill the cookie cutter with the marshmallow-cereal mixture and press into a heart shape with your hands. Lift off cookie cutter and setheart on wax paper. Repeat.
3. Place white-chocolate chips in a freezer-weightzip-top bag. Microwave in 10-second intervals until just melted. Snip tiny corner from bag and drizzle lines across hearts. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
These adorable cupcakes will be a hit with the boys as well. Who doesn’t love a bug on a cupcake?
- 1 box (18.25 ounce) devil’s-food cake mix
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cupvegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cans (12 ounce each)whipped vanilla frosting
- Pink icing color
- Clear crystal sugar
- Tootsie Roll Midgees, yellow Laffy Taffy candies, black licorice lace, red and yellow jellied candies, M&M Minis, and JuniorMints
- 1can (16 ounce) chocolate frosting
1. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Prepare cupcake batter using cake mix, 1 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup oil, and 4 eggs. Bake as directed on box. Let cupcakes cool completely. Tint vanilla frosting light pink using icing color. Frost cupcakes with pink icing. Roll edge of each cupcake in crystal sugar.
2. To decorate Bumblebees: Cut and shape Tootsie Rolls and Laffy Taffy into small rounds. Alternate two brown pieces and two yellow ones for body and head. Attach two pieces of licorice for antennae to the brown end to complete head, and slice a yellow fruit jelly in half for the wings.
3. To decorate Ladybugs: Place chocolate frosting in a freezer-weight zip-top bag and snip off one corner. Pipe a mound ofchocolate icing in center of each cupcake. Slice a red jelly in half for the wings; place on top of chocolate icing. Attach M&M Minis to wings using frosting. Attach a Junior Mint for the head and two black licorice pieces for the antennae.
Thanks to Parents for the great tasty ideas!