Bring these essentials with you next time yourfamily heads out to ski or snowboard!
- Hat / helmet – if your head is warm the rest of you is likelyto stay warm.
- Water proof insulated gloves/mittens – mittens are warmest.
- Goggles/Sunglasses – Goggles are strongly recommended on cold orsnowy days for warmth and increased visibility.
- Jacket/Parka (water resistant)
- Synthetic or wool base layers for top & bottom – it’s better tobe warm than cold, you can always shed layers. Synthetic materials help towick moisture away from your skin. Once again, do not wear cotton as abase layer.
- Snow/Water resistant pants – helps keep your lower body warmand dry.
- Warm, dry socks – Moisture wicking Ski/Snowboard socks (woolor fleece) are the best. No cotton. Wear only one pair ofsocks.
- Sunscreen – SPF 15 or higher
- Lip Balm
- Snack, Fruit, Energy Bar
- Trail Map – available for free in the lodge.
- ID, Wallet, Cash
- Extra Clothes, Shoes – to change into when you’re all done, inorder to go out and celebrate your first day of skiing or snowboarding!
- Equipment – Remember that usually the rental shops havetop-of-the line rental equipment.
Just for You:
- Head to one of these fun ski and snowboarding resorts for lots of family fun!
Thanks for providing a great list, Winter Place!