Do the words SUMMER, SWIMSUIT, BEACH and/or VACATION bring up feelings of anxiety? Does the thought of putting on shorts, wearing sleeveless tops, and wearing flimsy lightweight clothes bother you? In other words: are you feeling self-conscious about your weight and appearance, and would love to do something about it?
If you want anything to happen in life it takes planning, preparation and progress over time; preferable backwards from the goal, deadline, or end result. Why is it people can do this for big events in their life, like weddings, important presentations, etc., but when it comes to their health or weight, they expect, and can seemingly only handle, a quick fix! Yet it’s taken them month or years to get these bad habits firmly in place, so why would these behaviors change over-night? If you know yourself, you know that you are pretty stuck in your daily ways/habits/ likes/dislikes. Changing these daily lifestyle habits takes an understanding of how the mind, body and food work together.
We tend to not plan for our health and well being when this is our very foundation for every minute of every day! In fact, this is more often than not the first thing we let go, due to busy schedules and demanding lives. Sleep gets whittled down, food gets unconsciously woofed down as an afterthought (if at all), exercise goes out the window, and hydration becomes coffee and alcohol.
So, let’s start with your goals – what do you want?
- What are your health/weight goals?
- What’s your motivation for these goals?
- If you had 100 units of ‘Emotional Currency’ every day – how much are you spending /losing in not being at your goal?
- What are you currently doing to reach these goals?
- What obstacles, challenges and struggles do you regularly come up against?
- What will happen if you don’t make changes or continue to ignore this?
- What would you ideally like to see happening by the summertime, 3 months from now, 6 months from now?
- How will achieving these things make a difference in your life?
(If you want to send me the answers to these questions, and we can chat about what you can do about them [email protected])
‘You need to prep your environment, and not let your environment prep you.’ John Asaraf
- Spring clean your food stores
- Revise and write a new healthier grocery list
- Fit in a walk in these lighter warm mornings
- Arrange evening activities (the operative word being ‘active!’)
- Do fun outdoor events on the weekends
- Do a spring clean of your home/clothes/papers etc.
- Get a fitness ‘buddy’ to go workout with
- Make a plan-of-action to take small steps everyday in all areas that affect your health/weight
It’s about pace, not a race! You need to know how your body works, what it needs to perform at its best and why. You need to think globally these days and act locally – know what you’re ’really’ eating. You need to know about alkaline and acidic foods, so you can adjust accordingly for you. You need to work towards more balance in all five key areas that affect your health, weight and energy levels: food, sleep, hydration, exercise, and especially your mindset towards all of these as well as the priority you give them in your life.
‘It’s not about being perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens and that’s how change occurs.’ – Anon
So, “Spring into Summer” NOW before summer really kicks in. Stop showing up below par, as in for you, your work, family and loved ones. Take charge. Make a decision to be your best self once and for all! Only then will your body give back tenfold and you can show up 100% in work and play. “Spring into Summer” with full intention!
‘A year from now you will wish you had started today!’ – Karen Lamb
Dawn Peters, of Naked Health, is an international coach and personal development veteran turned entrepreneur, mentor, and speaker. Through her ‘Mind-Body-Food Coaching Solution’ she facilitates, motivates, and inspires others to develop and maintain healthier eating and lifestyle habits. More information, including events, at www.NakedHealth.com or [email protected]
Coaching resource – www.NakedHealth.com . Packages start at $157/month. See offer in Bio
Setting goals – http://www.ehow.com/how_2048963_set-goals.html
Exercise without joining a gym – http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Without-Joining-a-Gym
Games list – http://www.funattic.com/game_list.htm