Do youthink you are too busy for tasty food? Think again. FAMILY Magazine hasfound some fast and easy dinner recipes. Click on the item below to view the recipe.
Prep time – 10 minutes
Ready to eat – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 20 mintues
Serves – 4
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs…lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups of bread crums, dry
- 2/3 cup of grated parmesean
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 lemon wedge
- Cutchicken breasts into desired size strips.
- Dip each strip into beaten eggs, then into mixture of bread crumbs.
- In large skillet, melt half of the butter and cook chicken in single layer tillcrisp, about 3 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.
Source: Minute Chef
PrepTime – 20 minutes
Ready in – 30 minutes
Yield – 4 servings…1 ½ cups each
- 1 pound fresh or frozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots , chopped
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 small), very thinlysliced lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Cookgnocchi according to package instructions until they float, 3 to 5 minutes.Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet overmedium-high heat. Cook until the butter is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirringoften, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stirin Parmesan and parsley.
- Add gnocchi and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
*Tip: To make “ribbon-thin” zucchini,slice lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or on a mandoline slicer.
- 2 dozen Mrs.T’s Potato & Cheddar Cheese Pierogies
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tsp. finely ground garlic
- 1 (9-10 oz. pkg.) frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 4 oz. fat free mozazarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thaw frozen pierogies in boiling water for 5minutes, uncovered. Drain and set aside. Butter a 3 quart casserole dish andsprinkle with bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Saute’ onions, Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic in oil. Stir in thethawed spinach. Continue to cook until spinach is heated through (2 to 4minutes). Remove from heat.
- Place thawed pierogies in casserole dish over the bread crumbs. Put thespinach mixture over them. Sprinkle with a little bread crumbs and cheese. Bake15 to 20 minutes to heat through. Cover with spaghetti sauce if desired.
Source: Mrs. T’s
Prep Time – 30 minutes
Ready in – 40 minutes
Yield – 4 servings
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 8 ounces 90%-lean ground beef
- 1 cup broccoli florets , finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 scallions , sliced
- Pierce potatoes allover with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook at 50% power, turningonce or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or, use the”potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to themanufacturer’s instructions.)
- Meanwhile, brownmeat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 3minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Increase heat to high, add broccoli andwater to the skillet, cover, and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drainthe broccoli; add to the meat.
- Carefully cut offthe top third of the cooked potatoes; reserve the tops for another use.Scoop the insides out into a medium bowl. Place the potato shells in asmall baking dish. Add 1/2 cup Cheddar, sour cream, salt and pepper to thepotato insides and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add scallions andthe potato mixture to the broccoli and meat; stir to combine.
- Evenly divide thepotato mixture among the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/2 cupcheese. Microwave on high until the filling is hot and the cheese ismelted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Prepare and stuff potatoes. Cover and refrigeratefor up to 2 days. Microwave and serve.