It’s hard to believe, but summer will be here before we know it! The snow will melt and the weather will warm and soon we will be sending our kids off to the summer camp of their dreams.
Washington FAMILY Magazine’s Summer Camp Fair is the perfect place to find the “just right” camp for your child or children. Over 40 camp exhibitors will be available to view and ask questions about their camps.
Where: Springfield Town Center
6500 Springfield Mall • Springfield, VA
When: March 28 • Time: 10 am – 4 pm
While camp is very exciting for both kids and their parents, it can also bring up a lot of questions. To stay on track, we have a list of questions to keep in mind to ensure that you find the right place for your family.
For the littlest campers, it can be a challenge finding a camp that is fun, exciting and safe for your child. It’s important to do your research on day camps geared toward younger kids to make sure they are age appropriate.
First, you need to be comfortable with how a camp is set up to care for your child. When you’re researching camps or while looking at the camps at the camp fair, be sure to ask the following questions:
- Are the children separated into age groups? (important for safety as well as fun)
- How much choice or variety will your child have?
- Are the activities well planned for the different age groups?
- How are discipline and behavior problems handled?
- What experience and training does the staff have?
- What type of safety training does the staff have? (first aid, CPR)
- What is the staff to camper ratio for each age group?
- What are the fees or costs associated with the camp?
We hope to see you at the camp fair!