Makes 40 cookies / Serving size: 2 cookies
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 beaten egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil.
2. Place pecans in food processor and process until oily in texture. Add sugar, orange peel and extract and mix briefly by hand. Add egg whites slowly and mix by hand until a thin dough forms. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Measure heaping teaspoonfuls of dough and place 2-inches apart onto baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan. May dust with powdered sugar.
Per serving: calories: 110, carbohydrates: 9g, fat: 8g, protein: 1g, sodium: 4mg, fiber: 1g.
Judy Caplan is a registered dietitian with a private practice in preventative health in Reston, VA. Her children’s book, Gobey Gets Full – Good Nutrition in a Nutshell, is now available. Visit www.gobefull.com for more information about Judy and her company.