Serves 6 to 8
- 1 pound chicken breasts, steamed and shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups kidney beans, drained
Combine and chill overnight if possible, in the following dressing.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
When ready to serve, toss together in the salad bowl:
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- ½ cup scallions
Heap marinated chicken and beans on lettuce. Top with:
- 2 cups grated Cabot 50% or 75% Light Vermont Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 8 ounces Guiltless Gourmet baked chips, crushed
Toss together before serving.
Judy Caplan is a registered dietitian with a private practice in preventative health in Reston, VA. Her children’s book, Gobey Gets Full – Good Nutrition in a Nutshell, is now available. Visit www.gobefull.com for more information about Judy and her company.