As green as four-leaf clovers, these mint chocolate chip cookies are the perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day.
To start the recipe, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, add butter, sugar, eggs, green food coloring and peppermint extract for that crisp mint flavor. Beat with a hand mixture and combine the ingredients in both bowls together.
Add chocolate chips to the mixed cookie batter. Scoop onto a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 11-14 minutes until the edges of the cookies are light brown. Cool on a wire rack before devouring.
With so much mixing and scooping to be done, kids can help make the cookies, too. One of the best parts of the recipe is creating the eye-catching color. Watch children’s smiling little faces as the batter turns from light brown to dark green for a priceless reaction.
Serve these mint chocolate chip cookies with a big glass of milk.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 30 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt until blended. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs, food coloring and peppermint extract; beat until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake 11-14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.