Tips Provided By:
As we move into the holiday season, most of us look forward to celebrating with families and friends. But let’s face it: The flurry of holiday activities can also leave us feeling stressed out and overextended.
Eileen LaGreca, founder of Sensational Spaces, has these tips for making the holidays more enjoyable. Getting started now will help reduce stress as the holidays grow near.
• Make a list of your most meaningful traditions and activities, and prioritize. Is it baking cookies with the kids? Decorating the house? Hosting a dinner or party? Decide what’s most important to you and schedule that first.
• Get the whole family involved. Delegating makes getting ready for the holidays easier and less stressful for you. It also gives other family members a chance to create some holiday memories. Whether it’s making art for the fridge or stringing lights, working together can be fun.
• Donate older toys and clothes now. This de-clutters your house for the holidays, and opens space for the gifts sure to come.
• Hire a house cleaning service to do a thorough cleaning before the holidays. Whether you’re hosting a get-together or spending time at home with the family, it’s one less thing to worry about!
• If you don’t enjoy decorating or simply don’t have time, consider hiring a professional organizer to decorate your home. They’ll even pack things up when the holidays are over!
• Strike the word “perfect” from your goals. Perfect holidays exist only in our memories. Instead, keep it simple and remember to laugh.