What You Need:
- tall clear glass
- club soda that has a lot of bubbles (This won’t work if the club soda is flat.)
- First, pour the club soda in the glass.
- Next, drop in half of a raisin.
- Wait at least 20 to 30 seconds and watch what happens to the raisin. (The raisin should rise and fall.)
- The reason why the raisin floats to the top is because the bubbles stick to the sides of the raisin and make the raisin more buoyant. Buoyant means that something floats more easily. The bubbles make the raisin float the way a life jacket makes a person float.