Create a Child-Friendly Home Office
By Brette McWhorter Sember
Safety is key in a home office. Once you have a safe work space, the next step is to make it child-friendly so that you can work while your little one plays in comfort.
Create a Play Area
Designate a special area of your office as child friendly.
• Place a basket of books and toys on the floor.
• Add a small child size table and chair if you have room.
• Add some crayons and coloring books, stickers, puzzles, and maybe a small chalkboard on the wall.
• A magnet board made from a cookie sheet is another great option.
• Keep a special box of toys in the closet to pull out for use when you absolutely have to talk on the phone or get some pressing work done.
• Hide an emergency box of animal crackers in a drawer as a last resort.
• A few throw pillows and blanket on the floor will make a comfy reading spot as well as great possibilities for tents.
Brette Sember is a mom of two who writes from her home office. She is the author of The Organized Kitchen and The Practical Pregnancy Planner. Her web sites are www.BretteSember.com and http://PuttingItAllontheTable.com.
For Your Information:
Tips for childproofing cables.
Kids Safe Inc offers home safety products for families.