(BPT) – While it’s been popular in the past to bring the outdoors inside using trees and floral arrangements, a recent trend for many wedding venues is to create a homey space outdoors. Guests don’t need to rough it just because you’ve chosen to host your ceremony or reception outside.
Your outdoor venue can become more comfortable, as well as more stylish, with just a little help from Rental HQ.
1. Cover your chairs. Seating can be made more comfortable and look much more elegant than you might expect, whether your venue is a park, a beach or a backyard. All it takes is stylish chair covers, which can be easily rented to accommodate any size wedding.
2. Dress up your tables. Rented linens provide an essential touch of class to any outdoor venue, setting the right stage for your tableware and special centerpieces. Choose colors to complement your reception’s theme and floral arrangements or any other decor.
3. Protect against the elements. Plan for the time of year in your area and you can weather almost any circumstances. Even if the forecast is warm and sunny, you’ll still want a tent and/or table umbrellas, if not to safeguard against a possible shower, to tame the sunshine. You can even rent misting fans to help your guests stay cool. The outdoor wedding section of Rental HQ is a great place to get ideas and research your options.
4. Provide a foundation. A variety of flooring will ensure the safety of the bride’s train and sure footing, even for those sporting heels. Rentable floor mats and decking can help guests navigate the terrain from the parking lot to the venue. Multiple choices include tiles, carpet, turf or even a portable dance floor that can turn your backyard into a nightclub.
5. Light up the night. For an evening outdoor event, stringing lights or lanterns is often insufficient. You’ll want your guests to be able to see — and photograph — your special day. Renting adequate uplighting for your nighttime reception is a must-do. Focus on important areas such as the dance floor, the table where the cake will be presented, buffet tables or special floral arrangements. Choose LED lighting specially made for outdoor events, which is waterproof and will not create too much heat. You can choose different colors to create magical effects.
6. Homey furniture. Consider renting a few couches or comfy chairs to create a seating area where older family members can gather and greet guests, or your tired bride or groom can put up their feet for a few minutes while they chat with family and friends. Stage the area with a coffee table set up with the guest book so guests can sit comfortably while they jot their well wishes to the married couple.
Any outdoor wedding can be made special, no matter what the decor. To find a rental store near you or to research furnishings, lighting or other equipment you might need, visit the wedding section on RentalHQ.com. Planning for your special day is easier than you think with all of the right tools at your fingertips.