Decorating for the Holidays
Tips Provided by:
• Winter Wonderland/Forest Frost - It’s hard to think of Christmas without snow, especially if you live in the colder regions. The trick to enjoying those white cold flakes is to bring the white wonderland from your yard to your interiors. This wonderland is inspired by blankets of snow, glitter, candles, shine, and metallic garlands.
• Rustic & Woodsy - If you are tired of those skylines and busy city life and dreaming about a quiet vacation to mountains, this is the decor you want to choose for your holiday parties. Choosing this decor transforms your city loft to a warm, cozy mountainside theme. Choose from a wide variety of wooden cutouts, animals, pine cones, weathered metal, and twigs.
• Coastal - Transitioning from summers to winters gets tough for some especially if you have had wonderful holiday memories at the beach. Don't let your memories fade away, instead have décor inspired by coastal colors, seashells, and sea grass to re-live those beautiful moments.
• Dickens - Sit back, relax and take your family on a sleigh ride to find the true meaning of Christmas with this setting from Charles Dickens' classic story, A Christmas Carol. This timeless holiday tale calls for rich family traditions, Victorian era clothing, decorating & fun from bygone days. Make a big splash & invite the neighborhood over for some holiday cheer and tradition with this theme.
• Sugar Plum Fairies - Let the child inside you come out loud this fantastic holiday season. Inspired from the name of Elve helping Santa in his duties - the Sugarplum Fairy - the head of the sweet treats, this decor calls for extensive decoration and fun with sugar.
• Golden Season - Decor with golden-hued accessories, metallic gold textiles, champagne colors, sparkling diamonds and warm shades are a few words that describes this ornamental fun decor.
The holiday season is full of fun, parties, events, reunions and decor. Everyone loves the holidays: family visits, grandeur meals, presents...these days are looked forward to all year long. The beautiful ornaments & decorations in the stores might get a little harder on your wallets if not planned for in advance. Here are some ideas to light up the excitement of the holidays in your home:
Harrison Interiors is a complete Residential & Commercial design firm in business for the last 20 years. With a team of experienced designers, they offer: Feng Shui, Color Interpretation, Home Staging, Custom Window Treatments, Accessorizing, Green Design and Existing Furniture Replacement.
For more ideas, holiday decorating and designer tips and supplies, visit Harrison Interiors' Open House on December 14, 2012 from 11am – 8pm at 7921 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 392, Tysons Corner, VA, or call 703-992-9949. Harrison also offer some Pinterest ideas at https://pinterest.com/sjinc/.
For fun things to do each week in your inbox, sign up here!
If you're interested in advertising, email us.
Connect or Share This Story: